Gift Planning Advanced
This full day seminar explores gift planning beyond the basics. We will review advanced gift planning techniques including retained life estates, charitable lead trusts, and estate planning models using the flexible functionality of Planned Giving Manager.
Fees and Policies
Training Location Detail
Who can benefit from this class?
The advanced session presumes a basic familiarity with planned gift arrangements either through attending our introductory session or prior experience. We also assume a similar familiarity with Planned Giving Manager software through work experience or our introductory training. Advance preparation for the course is not necessary.
We will relate estate and financial planning concepts such as capital gain, transfer taxes, wealth replacement and qualified retirement plans to charitable gift planning. Gift planning options include Retained Life Estate, Testamentary Remainder Trusts, Lead Trusts, and Estate Planning Models.
- Create a Charitable Remainder Unitrust Proposal with a Flip Provision
- Model Grantor and Non-Grantor Lead Trust
- Calculate gift taxes on life income plans
- Learn how to use PGM’s wealth replacement features
- Create a Retained Life Estate Proposal
- Testamentary Gifts of Retirement Plans
- Introduction to Estate Planning Models
- Marketing Build-Up Gifts
Schedule for the Day
- The session runs from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Two 15 minute breaks, morning and afternoon with an hour for lunch on your own at noon.
- Continental breakfast will be provided before the start of the session and refreshments during breaks.
- Please be in the room by 8:30 a.m. so that the session may begin on time.
CFRE and CFP credits: 6.0 Prerequisite: None. Course level: Basic. Instructional method: Group-live. For information on policies on cancellations, complaints or refunds, please contact Dyke Tilt at