Easily meet the highest standards of donors and beneficiaries with GiftWrap
Learn more about GiftWrap’s features in the following categories:
Analysis and Compliance Capabilities
Easy Data Import and Export
Flexible Implementation Options
Analysis and Compliance Capabilities
GiftWrap’s core strength is enabling its users to manage their planned giving programs with increased confidence thanks to the sophisticated analytical capabilities the application enables. Users that desire a more advanced level of program analysis should learn about GiftWrap’s Advanced Analysis module. Standard analytical capabilities include the following:
- Projections can be run for funds restricted for special purposes, or for all planned gifts.
- GiftWrap calculates gift annuity reserves to satisfy state or custom requirements. Users have the option of saving newly calculated reserve amounts without losing the previous values by saving to the historical value table.
- GiftWrap performs FASB 116/117 liability calculations for all major gift vehicles, streamlining an otherwise troublesome task when preparing financial statements. Liabilities for previous valuation periods can be stored in the historical table then reviewed and reported for any period.
- The CashTrac component computes the market value of each gift annuity in a fund, allowing the right amount to be withdrawn when a gift ends. Market values for trusts can be uploaded and updated in a batch process.
- The Historical Gift Values report allows review of FASB liabilities or gift market values for a single period or a comparison of two periods with the differential.
- GiftWrap supports special beneficiary and gift types to handle the tracking of seed money in CGA funds. With this feature, users can account for seed money when tracking market values but exclude these amounts from liability calculations and payment-related functions.
- GiftWrap manages designations with power and flexibility. Users have the ability to associate a gift with one or more designations and to indicate if the restriction is permanent or temporary.
- A rich view into fees & expenses and gains & losses tracking is enabled by GiftWrap and provides gift-level allocation of interest/dividends, fees/expenses, and gain/loss.
- Various features help reconcile proper crediting of new and terminated gifts.
The ability to predict how much gifts will be worth when they mature, and when funds will be available is essential for responsible planning – but the challenges don’t end there. GiftWrap provides a wide selection of easy-to-use reports that facilitate program evaluation and analysis for development staff and business officers and take just seconds to produce:
- Program Overview and Statistics reports that provide deeper insight into program evaluation and analysis.
- The Person and Gift Summary reports provide a succinct or detailed accounting of donors, beneficiaries, and gifts in your program.
- The Gifts by Designation report shows where your planned giving dollars will go.
- The CGA Taxation Summary report shows all tax information being stored for your selection of gift annuities.
- A Market Value Transaction Detail report displays allocations at the gift level and can be run across organizations.
- GiftWrap enables reporting by state-segregated annuity accounts, and CashTrac calculations run on a per pool/account basis, accommodating separate management of annuity pools to account for pools of gifts that have distinct requirements.
- Projected Remainder and Gift Summary reports can be grouped by Designation and/or Restriction.
- GiftWrap comes with a set of Custom Filters that further refine its reporting power, and makes it extremely easy to these filters for your own custom versions.
- GiftWrap features an enhanced ability to suppress or enable detail in reports. For example, in the Payment Summary report, users can choose to display full detail, suppress itemized payment details, or display subtotals and grand totals only.
PG Calc ensures the highest standards in security controls and procedures, and GiftWrap enables its users to benefit from high-end infrastructure and security without bearing the cost.
We contract with one of the nation’s top Web hosting providers, Rackspace, who maintains a sophisticated, high-capacity infrastructure with state of the art monitoring, full data encryption, and advanced virus protection for maximum security. They have full SAS 70 Type II certification and work with many major financial institutions.
Within the application itself, your data will not interact with anyone else’s data – GiftWrap’s effective partitioning of business functions from application administration functions secures your data from unauthorized access. And no unwanted eyes will be able to view your data thanks to two levels of data encryption, one at the database level, and the second on selected fields to ensure an even higher standard of privacy for selected information.
- GiftWrap incorporates a two-level access control model. Access control is both role based and account based. Only authorized users can access the GiftWrap application. Those authorized users have access only to data and functions associated with their defined role.
- GiftWrap maintains an audit trail of all data changes made to fields that are critical to the proper administration of planned gifts. This audit trail provides a record of what changes have been made to data, by whom, and when.
- GiftWrap has two levels of database encryption. Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), the entire GiftWrap database is encrypted. In addition, selected fields, including social security numbers and dates of birth, are encrypted a second time, to further ensure data privacy and integrity.
For a comprehensive technical description of GiftWrap security, view the GiftWrap Security FAQs.
Easy Data Import and Export
GiftWrap is guaranteed to be a hassle-free addition to your existing application environment, enabling data sharing and import and export capabilities with virtually all of your critical internal systems. You can easily perform the following functions with GiftWrap:
- Import gift data from PG Calc’s gift planning Gift administration, Planned Giving Manager
- Create a data file of donor names, addresses, and birth dates for use by PG Calc’s BatchCalcs service
- Export reports into .rpt, .pdf, Word, Excel, and .csv file formats
- Produce upload files to general ledger or other internal systems with payment, FASB liability, market value, or gift information
- Import market values supplied by your asset manager
- Upload historical FASB liabilities and market values to general ledger
GiftWrap is a Web-based application. As such, GiftWrap is a client/server application, the pages of which are served by an application/Web server and are displayed by a Web browser.
For GiftWrap Hosted users, not only are installation issues zero, but quicker and easier deployments as well as automatic updates are guaranteed. That’s not only up-to-date technology with no effort on your part, but an end to concerns about disaster recovery, backup procedures, database corruption, and even the long-term viability of your hardware.
- The Web-based architecture of GiftWrap provides a variety of benefits, including the following:
- Eliminates desktop installation and database management overhead
- Makes use of standard browser interface and Web best practices
- Facilitates development of standards-based Web services for inter-application communications
- Incorporates a familiar GiftWrap interface and look and feel in the browser window
- Supports read-only remote access by your chapters, member organizations, or customers enabling them to run reports, submit requests for data, and more. Never before has it been easier for charities to have access to their data, even if they have outsourced their Gift administration - and never has it been easier for service providers to get the job done efficiently and with greater accuracy.
Flexible Implementation Options
PG Calc makes GiftWrap available as a hosted application with pages served securely over the Internet for those customers who want to relieve themselves of the cost and effort required to run the application. GiftWrap is also available as an enterprise application for customers who want to manage the application themselves. Whether hosted or enterprise, GiftWrap provides the same comprehensive set of planned Gift administration tools, calculations, and reports.
For comprehensive technical descriptions of GiftWrap Hosted and GiftWrap Enterprise, view the GiftWrap Implementation Models.
As provider of the hosted GiftWrap implementation, PG Calc delivers the following services:
- Data center, server, and network infrastructure
- Application and database hosting
- Application environment management and monitoring
- Database management
- Security services
- Service level guarantee
For those customers requiring an on-premise implementation, GiftWrap can be deployed behind an organization’s firewall on a corporate network. Enterprise customers will provide the hosting environment, hardware, security, and IT support services necessary for the operation of the GiftWrap application. PG Calc will assist in the initial installation of the application, and will provide ongoing support and troubleshooting of the application while it is in operation on the customer’s network.